Monday, April 4, 2011

final

So here is the final to the recent project. It is the magic pen commercial that was a group project. My other partners were Blake and Nuru (two of my classmates), who work with filming and the poem animation. My part was to make the 3d pen, ending sequence, and the title. Here are the basics for how I did this:

For the pen I used a cylinder and just manipulated the vertexes and using a back image to help model out the pen.
The ink was the hardest part. For that I made a water emitter and placed it on the tip of the pen. Then I needed to fix the direction that it was being emitted and make an object that it could collide with to make it go in one direction. That object is hidden in the pen. Then I changed the attributes of the emitter to look more like ink. Then I made a paper that the ink could hit. I have two different versions of it that I use in the video and combined in afteraffects.
For the title I made 3d text in afteraffects and move and rotated the text so that it match the background camera and seem to be following it.