Friday, February 18, 2011

3d model

My 3D model is my dragon I used for all city. But now I have animated it better and fixed its texture.
I made it by making it into 3 separate part: body, wings. and head.
The body was made by simply extruding and creating cuts in certain places. I also added a texture that I made in photoshop. The texture is of wires against a brass body.
The head is was the most detailed part. It includes separate parts of teeth, eyes, pipes, and dirt, which each include their own texture. To help model the head I used UV mapping of images that I had made of the side and front.
The wings where pretty simple and were duplicated. The back wings are mostly cut versions of the front.
The most difficult part of the model was the animation. Setting up the bone structure was a bit troublesome. I had to keep the pieces separate so that the moving of bones would not associate with other parts of the model. Then after the skin has been attached to the bone then I combined all the the objects together. Though having the objects together did not combine the bones together so I had to connect the bones together so that all of the bones would move together. To make the animation I simply moved each piece and keyframed them.
The background is one I made in photoshop.
Here are some of the rendered images of the dragon model.